Manually planning missions is straightforward:
- Switch to the mission view
- Select the Add Waypoint ("plus") icon in the top left.
- Click on the map to add waypoints.
- Use the waypoint list on the right to modify the waypoint parameters/type The altitude indicator on the bottom provides a sense of the relative altitude of each waypoint.
- Once finished, click on the Upload button (top right) to send the mission to the vehicle.
You can also use the Pattern tool to automate creation of survey grids.
For more information see the QGroundControl User Guide.
Once the mission is uploaded, switch to the flight view. The mission is displayed in a way that makes it easy to track progress (it cannot be modified in this view).