The Holybro® pix32 autopilot (also known as "Pixhawk 2", and formerly as HKPilot32) is based on the Pixhawk®-project FMUv2 open hardware design. This board is based on hardware version Pixhawk 2.4.6. It runs the PX4 flight stack on the NuttX OS.
As a CC-BY-SA 3.0 licensed Open Hardware design, schematics and design files should be available here.
The Holybro pix32 is software compatible with the 3DR Pixhawk 1. It is not connector compatible, but is otherwise physically very similar to the 3DR Pixhawk or mRo Pixhawk.
This autopilot is supported by the PX4 maintenance and test teams.
- Main System-on-Chip: STM32F427
- CPU: 32-bit STM32F427 Cortex® M4 core with FPU
- RAM: 168 MHz/256 KB
- Flash: 2 MB
- Failsafe System-on-Chip: STM32F103
- ST Micro L3GD20 3-axis 16-bit gyroscope
- ST Micro LSM303D 3-axis 14-bit accelerometer / magnetometer
- Invensense® MPU 6000 3-axis accelerometer/gyroscope
- MEAS MS5611 barometer
- Size: 81x44x15mm
- Weight: 33.1g
- GPS: U-blox® super precision Neo-7M with compass
- Input Voltage: 2~10s (7.4~37V)
- 1x I2C
- 2x CAN
- 3.3 and 6.6V ADC inputs
- 5x UART (serial ports), one high-power capable, 2x with HW flow control
- Spektrum DSM / DSM2 / DSM-X® Satellite compatible input up to DX8 (DX9 and above not supported)
- Futaba® S.BUS compatible input and output
- PPM sum signal
- RSSI (PWM or voltage) input
- External microUSB port
- Molex PicoBlade connectors
- Digital airspeed sensor
- Hobbyking® Wifi Telemetry
- Telemetry Radio EU (433 MHz)
- Telemetry Radio USA (915 MHz)
Most users will not need to build this firmware! It is pre-built and automatically installed by QGroundControl when appropriate hardware is connected.
To build PX4 for this target:
The board is based on the Pixhawk project FMUv2 open hardware design.
- FMUv2 + IOv2 schematic -- Schematic and layout
As a CC-BY-SA 3.0 licensed Open Hardware design, all schematics and design files are available.
|USART2||/dev/ttyS1||TELEM1 (flow control)|
|USART3||/dev/ttyS2||TELEM2 (flow control)|