The CUAV Pixhack V3 flight controller board is a flexible autopilot intended primarily for manufacturers of commercial systems.
The board is a variant of the SOLO Pixhawk® 2 (PH2) flight controller, which is in turn based on the Pixhawk-project FMUv3 open hardware design. It runs PX4 on the NuttX OS, and is fully compatible with both PX4 or ArduPilot® (APM) firmware.
Pixhack V3 has significant improvements with respect to the original design, including better interface layout and the addition of vibration damping and a thermostat system.
- STM32F100 (Failsafe co-processor)
- Accelerometers (3): LS303D, MPU6000, MPU9250/hmc5983
- Gyroscopes (3): L3GD20, MPU6000, MPU9250
- Compass (2): LS303D, MPU9250
- Barometer (2): MS5611 X2
- MAVLink UART (2)
- GPS UART (2)
- DEBUG UART (1)
- RC IN (for PPM, SBUS, DSM/DSM2)
- RSSI IN: PWM OR 3.3ADC
- I2C (2)
- CAN BUS (1)
- ADC IN: 3.3V X1 , 6.6V X1
- PWM OUT: 8 PWM IO + 4 IO
- Power System:
- PM POWER IN: 4.5 ~ 5.5 V
- USB POWER IN: 5.0 V +- 0.25v
- Weight and Dimensions:
- Weight: 63g
- Width: 68mm
- Thickness: 17mm
- Length: 44mm
- Other Characteristics:
- Operating temperature: -20 ~ 60°C
The board can be purchased from:
Most users will not need to build this firmware! It is pre-built and automatically installed by QGroundControl when appropriate hardware is connected.
To build PX4 for this target:
- Open hardware files: https://github.com/cuav/CUAV_Hardware/tree/master/Pixhack_V3
- Documentation/wiring guides: http://doc.cuav.net/PixHack/pixhack-v3.html