The 3DR Pixhawk Mini autopilot is a next-generation evolution of the Pixhawk (designed by 3DR in collaboration with HobbyKing). It is about 1/3rd the size of the original Pixhawk and has more powerful processors and sensors.
The Pixhawk Mini is based on the PX4 open-hardware project and has been optimized for the PX4 flight stack.
- Main Processor: STM32F427 Rev 3
- IO Processor: STM32F103
- Accel/Gyro/Mag: MPU9250
- Accel/Gyro: ICM20608
- Barometer: MS5611
- Power module output: 4.1~5.5V
- Max input voltage: 45V (10S LiPo)
- Max current sensing: 90A
- USB Power Input: 4.1`5.5V
- Servo Rail Input: 0~10V
- 1 x UART Serial Port (for GPS)
- Spektrum DSM/DSM2/DSM-X® Satellite Compatible RC input
- Futaba S BUS® Compatible RC input
- PPM Sum Signal RC Input
- I2C (for digital sensors)
- CAN (for digital motor control with compatible controllers)
- ADC (for analog sensors)
- Micro USB Port
Weight and dimensions:
- Dimensions: 38x43x12mm
- Weight: 15.8g
GPS module (supplied with kit):
- GNSS receiver: ublox Neo-M8N; compass HMC5983
- Weight: 22.4g
- Dimensions: 37x37x12mm
Key features of the Pixhawk Mini are:
- Advanced 32 bit ARM Cortex® M4 Processor running NuttX RTOS
- 8 PWM/servo outputs
- Multiple connectivity options for additional peripherals (UART, I^2^C, CAN)
- Redundant power supply inputs and automatic failover
- Integrated safety switch and optional external safety button for easy motor activation
- Multicolor LED indicator
- Integrated multi-tone piezo audio indicator
- microSD card for long-time high-rate logging
- Easy-to-use Micro JST connectors
The Pixhawk Mini is shipped with new GPS module:
- Based on the uBlox M8N
- Concurrent reception of up to 3 GNSS (GPS, Galileo, GLONASS, BeiDou)
- Industry leading –167 dBm navigation sensitivity
- Security and integrity protection
- Supports all satellite augmentation systems
- Advanced jamming and spoofing detection
- Product variants to meet performance and cost requirements
The 3DR Pixhawk Mini is shipped with the following contents:
|Pixhawk Mini Autopilot|
|Quad Power Distribution Board|
|8 Channel PWM Breakout board|
|4-pin cable (for I2C)|
|RC-in cable for PPM/SBUS|
|6 to 6/4 ‘Y’ adapter for GPS and additional I2C devices|
|6 pin cable (2) (for power distribution board and for compass/gps)|
|6 pin JST to DF13 for legacy telemetry radio|
|Safety switch||![Safety switch](../../images/pixhawk_mini_safety_switch_drawing.png|
|8 Channel PWM Breakout cable|
|I2C breakout board ? - not listed parts on handout||-|
Telemetry Radio Sets
When installing the 3DR telemetry radios, use the connectors that come with Pixhawk Mini, rather than those that come with the radios.
- WiFi Telemetry Radio
- Digital Airspeed Sensor
- PPM output RC receivers
- Spektrum DSM RC receivers
- Futaba S BUS RC receivers
- All standard PWM input ESC’s
Connector pin assignments (pin outs)
Pixhawk Mini vs Pixhawk (original)
- One-third the size - from 50x81.5x15.5mm to 38x43x12mm.
- Rev 3 processor for full utilization of 2MB flash memory.
- Improved sensors, both primary and secondary IMU MPU9250 and ICM20608 respectively. The result is more stable, more reliable flight and navigation.
- GPS+Compass module included. Features the Neo M8N with GLONASS support; compass HMC5983. Expect faster and stronger GPS lock.
- Micro JST connectors instead of DF-13. These are much easier to work with.
- Integrated piezo speaker and safety switch.
- Natively supports 4S batteries with the included PDB.
Pixhawk Mini vs Pixfalcon
- Improved sensors, both primary and secondary IMU MPU9250 and ICM20608 respectively. Expect better vibration handling and reliability.
- CAN interface for UAVCAN support.
- Includes 8-channel breakout servo rail for planes and other vehicles requiring powered PWM output.
- Includes I2C breakout board for a total of 5 I2C connections.
- Similar size.
Pixhawk Mini features an advanced processor and sensor technology from ST Microelectronics® and a NuttX real-time operating system, delivering excellent performance, flexibility, and reliability for controlling any autonomous vehicle.
The following links include additional information: