The Pixhawk® XRacer board family is optimized for small racing quads and planes. In contrast to Pixfalcon and Pixhawk it has in-built Wifi, new sensors, convenient full servo headers, CAN and supports 2M flash.
The main hardware documentation is here: https://pixhawk.org/modules/pixracer
- Main System-on-Chip: STM32F427VIT6 rev.3
- CPU: 180 MHz ARM Cortex® M4 with single-precision FPU
- RAM: 256 KB SRAM (L1)
- Standard FPV form factor: 36x36 mm with standard 30.5 mm hole pattern
- Wifi telemetry and software upgrade
- Invensense® ICM-20608 Accel / Gyro (4 KHz) / MPU9250 Accel / Gyro / Mag (4 KHz)
- HMC5983 magnetometer with temperature compensation
- Measurement Specialties MS5611 barometer
- JST GH connectors
- microSD (logging)
- S.BUS / Spektrum / SUMD / PPM input
- FrSky® telemetry port
- OneShot PWM out (configurable)
- Optional: Safety switch and buzzer
The Pixracer is designed to use a separate avionics power supply. This is necessary to avoid current surges from motors or ESCs to flow back to the flight controller and disturb its delicate sensors.
- Power module (with voltage and current sensing)
- I2C splitter (supporting AUAV, Hobbyking and 3DR® peripherals)
- Cable kit for all common peripherals
Wifi (no USB required)
One of the main features of the board is its ability to use Wifi for flashing new firmware, system setup and in-flight telemetry. This frees it of the need of any desktop system.
Setup and telemetry are already available, firmware upgrade is already supported by the default bootloader but not yet enabled
make px4fmu-v4_default upload