PX4 supports virtually all VTOL configurations:
- Tailsitters (duo and quadrotors in X and plus configuration)
- Tiltrotors (Firefly Y6)
- QuadPlane VTOL (standard plane plus quad)
The VTOL codebase is the same codebase as for all other airframes and just adds additional control logic, in particular for transitions.
This section contains build logs and instructions for assembling and configuring a number of VTOL vehicle frames.
Key Configuration Parameters
These configuration parameters have to be set correctly when creating a new airframe configuration.
- VT_FW_PERM_STAB the system always uses attitude stabilization in hover mode. If this parameter is set to 1, the plane mode also defaults to attitude stabilization. If it is set to 0, it defaults to pure manual flight.
- VT_ARSP_TRANS is the airspeed in m/s at which the plane transitions into forward flight. Setting it too low can cause a stall during the transition.
- RC_MAP_TRANS_SW should be assigned to a RC switch before flight. This allows you to check if the multicopter- and fixed wing mode work properly. (Can also be used to switch manually between those two control modes during flight)