# Snapdragon Development Environment Installation
Note The Qualcomm Snapdragon Flight is discontinued (it has been superseded but PX4 does not yet support the newer version). This documentation is provided for existing users, but will be removed in a future release.
This topic explains how to set up the Qualcomm Snapdragon Flight development toolchain on a Linux computer.
Note The firmware for the Qualcomm Snapdragon Flight must be built manually (Firmware is not supplied for automatic download via QGroundControl).
# Set up Development Environment
To set up the development environment:
- Add your user to the dialout group:
sudo usermod -a -G dialout $USER
- Log out and back in.
- Download the ubuntu_sim_common_deps.sh (opens new window) script and run it on your machine:
cd ~ wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/PX4/Devguide/master/build_scripts/ubuntu_sim_common_deps.sh ~ sudo chmod +x ubuntu_sim_common_deps.sh ./ubuntu_sim_common_deps.sh
## Cross-toolchain & Hexagon SDK To install the Cross-Toolchain and Hexagon SDK: 1. Start by installing some dependencies:
sudo apt-get install android-tools-adb android-tools-fastboot
fakechroot fakeroot unzip xz-utils wget python python-empy -y
1. Clone the cross_toolchain repo:
git clone https://github.com/ATLFlight/cross_toolchain.git cd cross_toolchain
1. Download the Hexagon SDK v3.0 from [here](https://developer.qualcomm.com/software/hexagon-dsp-sdk/tools) to your cross_toolchain/downloads location (you will need to create an account if you don't have one). 1. Download the latest version of the qrlSDK file from [here](https://support.intrinsyc.com/projects/snapdragon-flight/files) to your cross_toolchain/downloads location (you need to create an account if you don't have one). 1. Run the installer:
./installsdk.sh --APQ8074 --arm-gcc --qrlSDK
1. The installer tells you to set a few environment variables. Append these to your `~/.bashrc`:
export HEXAGON_SDK_ROOT=/home/<YOUR_LINUX_USERNAME>/Qualcomm/Hexagon_SDK/3.0 export HEXAGON_TOOLS_ROOT=/home/<YOUR_LINUX_USERNAME>/Qualcomm/HEXAGON_Tools/7.2.12/Tools export HEXAGON_ARM_SYSROOT=/home/<YOUR_LINUX_USERNAME>/Qualcomm/qrlinux_sysroot export ARM_CROSS_GCC_ROOT=/home/<YOUR_LINUX_USERNAME>/Qualcomm/ARM_Tools/gcc-4.9-2014.11
Don't forget to source it: