# ROS (1) with MAVROS
The PX4 development team recommend that users migrate to ROS 2 (i.e. skip this section)!
ROS (Robot Operating System) is a general-purpose robotics library that can be used to create powerful drone applications for the PX4 Autopilot.
The main topics covered are:
- ROS/MAVROS Installation Guide: Setup a PX4 development environment with ROS (1) and MAVROS.
- Offboard control with MAVROS: Tutorial showing the main concepts related to writing a C++ MAVROS/ROS node.
- ROS MAVROS Sending Custom Messages
- ROS with Gazebo Simulation
- Gazebo OctoMap Models with ROS
- ROS Installation on RPi
- External Position Estimation (Vision/Motion based)