This topic explains how to map flight modes and other functions to the switches on your radio control transmitter.
In order to set up flight modes you must already have:
# What Flight Modes and Switches Should I Set?
Flight Modes provide different types of autopilot-assisted flight, and fully autonomous flight. You can set any (or none) of the flight modes described here. Most users should set the following functions, as these make the vehicle easier and safer to fly:
- Position mode (multicopter, fixed-wing) - Easiest and safest mode for manual flight.
- Return mode - Return to launch position by safe path and land (by default).
- VTOL Transition Switch - Toggle between fixed-wing and multicopter flight configuration on VTOL vehicles.
It is also common to map switches to:
- Mission - This mode runs a pre-programmed mission sent by the ground control station.
- Kill Switch - Immediately stops all motor outputs (the vehicle will crash, which may in some circumstances be more desirable than allowing it to continue flying).
# Flight Mode Selection
PX4 allows you to specify a "mode" channel and select up to 6 flight modes that will be activated based on the PWM value of the channel. You can also separately specify channels for mapping a kill switch, return to launch mode, and offboard mode.
To configure single-channel flight mode selection:
打开 QGroundControl 并连接上飞机。
打开您的 RC 遥控器发射机。
Select QGroundControl icon > Vehicle Setup, and then Flight Modes in the sidebar.
进行 飞行模式设置 :
- 选择 Mode channel （上面显示的是 Channel 5 ，但是这是取决于你遥控器的设置的）。
- Move the transmitter switch (or switches) that you have set up for mode selection through the available positions. The mode slot matching your current switch position will be highlighted (above this is Flight Mode 1). :::note While you can set flight modes in any of the 6 slots, only the channels that are mapped to switch positions will be highlighted/used. :::
- Select the flight mode that you want triggered for each switch position.
Specify Switch Settings:
- 选择你想要映射的特点飞行模式的通道 - 例如：自动返航，Kill switch，机外控制（offboard） 等模式。 （如果你的遥控器发射机上有空闲的开关或者通道的话）。
Test that the modes are mapped to the right transmitter switches:
- 检查 Channel Monitor 以确认改变每个开关可以改变预期的通道。
- 拨动你遥控器上刚刚映射的飞行模式有关的开关，并检查对应的飞行模式已被激活（ QGroundeControl 上对应的通道的字体在被激活的情况下变为黄色 ）
All values are automatically saved as they are changed.
# RC Transmitter Setup
This section contains a small number of possible setup configurations for taranis. QGroundControl may have setup information for other transmitters here (opens new window).
# Taranis Setup: 3-way Switch Configuration for Single-Channel Mode
If you only need to support selecting between two or three modes then you can map the modes to the positions of a single 3-way switch. Below we show how to map the Taranis 3-way "SD" switch to channel 5.
This example shows how to set up the popular FrSky Taranis transmitter. Transmitter setup will be different on other transmitters.
Open the Taranis UI MIXER page and scroll down to CH5, as shown below:
Press ENT(ER) to edit the CH5 configuration then change the Source to be the SD button.
That's it! Channel 5 will now output 3 different PWM values for the three different SD switch positions.
The QGroundControl configuration is then as described in the previous section.
# Taranis Setup: Multi-Switch Configuration for Single-Channel Mode
Most transmitters do not have 6-way switches, so if you need to be able to support more modes than the number of switch positions available (up to 6) then you will have to represent them using multiple switches. Commonly this is done by encoding the positions of a 2- and a 3-position switch into a single channel, so that each switch position results in a different PWM value.
On the FrSky Taranis this process involves assigning a "logical switch" to each combination of positions of the two real switches. Each logical switch is then assigned to a different PWM value on the same channel.
The video below shows how this is done with the FrSky Taranis transmitter.@
The QGroundControl configuration is then as described above.