The Wing Wing Z-84 is our gold standard airframe - small, rugged and just large enough to host a Pixracer.
- Frame: Wing Wing Z-84
- Flight controller: Pixracer
One of these:
PNF (or "PNP") versions include motor, propeller and electronic speed controller. The "kit" version does not include these components, which must be purchased separately.
One of these (any small (>=12A) ESC will do):
- Pixracer kit (including GPS and power module)
- FrSky D4R-II receiver or equivalent (jumpered to PPM sum output according to its manual)
- Mini telemetry set for HKPilot32
- Digital airspeed sensor for HKPilot32 / Pixfalcon
- 1800 mAh 2S LiPo Battery - e.g. Team Orion 1800mAh 7.4V 50C 2S1P
The wiring below is valid for Pixhawk and Pixracer. Use the main outputs, not the ones labeled with AUX. The motor controller needs to have an in-built BEC, as the autopilot is not powering the servo rail.
|RC IN||PPM or S.BUS / S.BUS2 input|
|MAIN 1||Left Aileron|
|MAIN 2||Right Aileron|
The images below give a rough idea about the assembly process, which is simple and can be done with a hot glue gun.
Select the Z-84 in the flying wing section of the QGC airframe config: