# mRo Pixhawk Flight Controller (Pixhawk 1)
PX4 does not manufacture this (or any) autopilot. Contact the manufacturer (opens new window) for hardware support or compliance issues.
The mRo Pixhawk® is a hardware compatible version of the original Pixhawk 1. It runs PX4 on the NuttX (opens new window) OS.
The controller can be used as a drop-in replacement for the 3DR® Pixhawk 1. The main difference is that it is based on the Pixhawk-project (opens new window) FMUv3 open hardware design, which corrects a bug that limited the original Pixhawk 1 to 1MB of flash.
Assembly/setup instructions for use with PX4 are provided here: Pixhawk Wiring Quickstart
This autopilot is supported by the PX4 maintenance and test teams.
# Key Features
- 32-bit STM32F427 Cortex® M4 core with FPU
- 168 MHz/256 KB RAM/2 MB Flash
- 32 bit STM32F100 failsafe co-processor
- 24 MHz/8 KB RAM/64 KB Flash
- ST Micro L3GD20 3-axis 16-bit gyroscope
- ST Micro LSM303D 3-axis 14-bit accelerometer / magnetometer
- Invensense® MPU 6000 3-axis accelerometer/gyroscope
- MEAS MS5611 barometer
- 5x UART (serial ports), one high-power capable, 2x with HW flow control
- 2x CAN
- Spektrum DSM / DSM2 / DSM-X® Satellite compatible input up to DX8 (DX9 and above not supported)
- Futaba® S.BUS compatible input and output
- PPM sum signal
- RSSI (PWM or voltage) input
- 3.3 and 6.6V ADC inputs
- External microUSB port
- Ideal diode controller with automatic failover
- Servo rail high-power (7 V) and high-current ready
- All peripheral outputs over-current protected, all inputs ESD protected
Weight and Dimensions:
- Weight: 38g (1.31oz)
- Width: 50mm (1.96")
- Thickness: 15.5mm (.613")
- Length: 81.5mm (3.21")
- Bare Bones (opens new window) - Just the board (useful as a 3DR Pixhawk replacement)
- mRo Pixhawk 2.4.6 Essential Kit! (opens new window) - Everything except for telemetry radios
- mRo Pixhawk 2.4.6 Cool Kit! (Limited edition) (opens new window) - Everything you need including telemetry radios
# Building Firmware
Most users will not need to build this firmware! It is pre-built and automatically installed by QGroundControl when appropriate hardware is connected.
To build PX4 for this target:
# Debug Ports
See 3DR Pixhawk 1 > Debug Ports
# Serial Port Mapping
|USART2||/dev/ttyS1||TELEM1 (flow control)|
|USART3||/dev/ttyS2||TELEM2 (flow control)|
The board is based on the Pixhawk-project (opens new window) FMUv3 open hardware design.
- FMUv3 schematic (opens new window) -- Schematic and layout
As a CC-BY-SA 3.0 licensed Open Hardware design, all schematics and design files are available (opens new window).