The Here2 RTK GPS receiver is a new RTK GPS module from HEX that provides highly reliable navigation. Using RTK, PX4 can get its position with centimetre-level accuracy, which is much more accurate than can be provided by a normal GPS.
Main features include:
- Concurrent reception of upto 3 GNSS (GPS, Galileo, GLOSNASS, BeiDou)
- Industry Leading -167 dBm navigation sensitivity
- Security and integrity protection
- Supports all satellite augmentation systems
- Advanced jamming and spoofing detection
RTK setup and use on PX4 via QGroundControl is largely plug and play (see RTK GPS for more information).
The Here2 GPS comes with an 8 pin connector that can be inserted directly into the Pixhawk 2 GPS UART port.
The Pixhawk 3 Pro and Pixracer have a 6 pin GPS port connector. For these controllers you can modify the GPS cable (as shown below) to remove pin 6 and 7.
Pin 6 and 7 are for the safety button - these can be attached as well if needed.
The Here2 GPS pinout is provided below. This can be used to help modify the connector for other autopilot boards.
|pin||Here2 GPS||pin||Pixhawk 3 Pro GPS|
- Processor: STM32F302
- Compass, Gyro, Accelerometer: ICM20948
- Barometer: MS5611
- Receiver Type:
- 72-channel ublox M8N engine, GPS/QZSS L2 C/A, GLONASS L10F, BeiDou B11, Galileo E1B/C, SBAS L1 C/A: WAAS, EGNOS, MSAS, GAGAN
- Navigation Update Rate: Max: 10 Hz
- Positionaing Accuracy: 3D Fix
- Time to first fix
- Cold start: 26s
- Aided start: 2s
- Reacquisition: 1s
- Tracking & Navigation: -167 dBm
- Hot start: -148 dBm
- Cold start: -157 dBm
- Assisted GNSS
- AssistNow GNSS Online
- AssistNow GNSS Offline (up to 35 days)
- AssistNow Autonomous (up to 6 days)
- OMA SUPL& 3GPP compliant
- Oscillator: TCXO (NEO-8MN/Q)
- RTC crystal: Build in
- ROM: Flash (NEO-8MN)
- Available Antennas: Active Antenna & Passive Antenna
- Signal Integrity: Signature feature with SHA 256
- Protocols & Interfaces
- UART/I2C/CAN: JST_GH Main interface, Switch internally.
- STM32 Main Programming Interface: JST_SUR