# CUAV P8 Telemetry Radio
CUAV P8 Radio is a long range (>60km) and high data rate (375 Kbps) remote data transmission module for drones that works plug-and-play with PX4.
It supports multiple modes such as point-to-point, point-to-multipoint, and relay communication.
# Key Features
- Long range: >60km (depending on the antenna and environment, up to 100 km).
- Supports point-to-point, point-to-multipoint, and repeater modes.
- Up to 2W power (fixed frequency 2W; frequency hopping 1W)
- Up to 345 Kbps transfer rate.
- Supports 12v~60V operating voltage.
- Unit can operate either as ground station modem or aircraft modem.
- Independent power supply for more stable operation
- USB Type-C port, integrated USB to UART converter
# Where to Buy
# PX4 Configuration
The CUAV P8 Radio comes pre-configured (baud rate 57600, broadcast mode) for use with PX4.
It should require no additional setup if connected to
On some flight controllers, or if used with a different serial port, you may need to configure the port for MAVLink communication.
P8 Configuration (opens new window) provides full information about radio configuration, if required.
# Data Port
|pin||C-RTK GPS 6P||pin||Pixhawk standard pins|
Connect the CUAV P8 Radio to the
TELEM2 interface of the flight controller and use a battery or BEC to power the module.
The required cables are included in the package.
CUAV P8 Radio does not support power supply from the flight controller, it needs to be connected to a 12~60v battery or BEC.
# More information
CUAV P8 Radio (opens new window) (Official Guide)