# Land Mode (Multicopter)
The Land flight mode causes the vehicle to land at the position where the mode was engaged. The vehicle will disarm shortly after landing (by default).
- Mode is automatic - no user intervention is required to control the vehicle.
- Mode requires at least a valid local position estimate (does not require a global position).
- Flying vehicles can't switch to this mode without valid local position.
- Flying vehicles will failsafe if they lose the position estimate.
- Mode prevents arming (vehicle must be armed when switching to this mode).
- RC control switches can be used to change flight modes on any vehicle.
- RC stick movement in a multicopter (or VTOL in multicopter mode) will by default change the vehicle to Position mode unless handling a critical battery failsafe.
- The mode can be triggered using the MAV_CMD_NAV_LAND (opens new window) MAVLink command, or by explicitly switching to Land mode.
# Technical Summary
Land mode behaviour can be configured using the parameters below.
|The rate of descent during landing. This should be kept fairly low as the ground conditions are not known.
|Time-out for auto disarm after landing, in seconds. If set to -1 the vehicle will not disarm on landing.
|Controls whether stick movement on a multicopter (or VTOL in MC mode) causes a mode change to Position mode. This can be separately enabled for auto modes and for offboard mode, and is enabled in auto modes by default.
|The amount of stick movement that causes a transition to Position mode (if COM_RC_OVERRIDE is enabled).