# Holybro pix32 Flight Controller (Discontinued)
PX4 does not manufacture this (or any) autopilot. Contact the manufacturer (opens new window) for hardware support or compliance issues.
The Holybro® pix32 autopilot (opens new window) (also known as "Pixhawk 2", and formerly as HKPilot32) is based on the Pixhawk®-project (opens new window) FMUv2 open hardware design. This board is based on hardware version Pixhawk 2.4.6. It runs the PX4 flight stack on the NuttX (opens new window) OS.
As a CC-BY-SA 3.0 licensed Open Hardware design, schematics and design files should be available here (opens new window).
The Holybro pix32 is software compatible with the 3DR Pixhawk 1. It is not connector compatible, but is otherwise physically very similar to the 3DR Pixhawk or mRo Pixhawk.
This flight controller is manufacturer supported.
# Key Features
- Main System-on-Chip: STM32F427 (opens new window)
- CPU: 32-bit STM32F427 Cortex® M4 core with FPU
- RAM: 168 MHz/256 KB
- Flash: 2 MB
- Failsafe System-on-Chip: STM32F103
- ST Micro L3GD20 3-axis 16-bit gyroscope
- ST Micro LSM303D 3-axis 14-bit accelerometer / magnetometer
- Invensense® MPU 6000 3-axis accelerometer/gyroscope
- MEAS MS5611 barometer
- Size: 81x44x15mm
- Weight: 33.1g
- GPS: u-blox® super precision Neo-7M with compass
- Input Voltage: 2~10s (7.4~37V)
- 1x I2C
- 2x CAN
- 3.3 and 6.6V ADC inputs
- 5x UART (serial ports), one high-power capable, 2x with HW flow control
- Spektrum DSM / DSM2 / DSM-X® Satellite compatible input up to DX8 (DX9 and above not supported)
- Futaba® S.BUS compatible input and output
- PPM sum signal
- RSSI (PWM or voltage) input
- External microUSB port
- Molex PicoBlade connectors
# Where to Buy
- Digital airspeed sensor (opens new window)
- Hobbyking® Wifi Telemetry (opens new window)
- HolyBro SiK Telemetry Radio (EU 433 MHz, US 915 MHz)
# Building Firmware
Most users will not need to build this firmware! It is pre-built and automatically installed by QGroundControl when appropriate hardware is connected.
To build PX4 for this target:
# Debug Port
# Pinouts and Schematics
The board is based on the Pixhawk project (opens new window) FMUv2 open hardware design.
- FMUv2 + IOv2 schematic (opens new window) -- Schematic and layout
As a CC-BY-SA 3.0 licensed Open Hardware design, all schematics and design files are available (opens new window).
# Serial Port Mapping
|USART2||/dev/ttyS1||TELEM1 (flow control)|
|USART3||/dev/ttyS2||TELEM2 (flow control)|