# mRo Pixhawk Flight Controller (Pixhawk 1)
PX4 does not manufacture this (or any) autopilot. Contact the manufacturer (opens new window) for hardware support or compliance issues.
The controller can be used as a drop-in replacement for the 3DR® Pixhawk 1. The main difference is that it is based on the Pixhawk-project (opens new window) FMUv3 open hardware design, which corrects a bug that limited the original Pixhawk 1 to 1MB of flash.
Assembly/setup instructions for use with PX4 are provided here: Pixhawk Wiring Quickstart
This autopilot is supported by the PX4 maintenance and test teams.
# Key Features
- 32-bit STM32F427 Cortex® M4 core with FPU
- 168 MHz/256 KB RAM/2 MB Flash
- 32 bit STM32F100 failsafe co-processor
- 24 MHz/8 KB RAM/64 KB Flash
- ST Micro L3GD20 3-axis 16-bit gyroscope
- ST Micro LSM303D 3-axis 14-bit accelerometer / magnetometer
- Invensense® MPU 6000 3-axis accelerometer/gyroscope
- MEAS MS5611 barometer
- 5x UART (serial ports), one high-power capable, 2x with HW flow control
- 2x CAN
- Spektrum DSM / DSM2 / DSM-X® Satellite compatible input up to DX8 (DX9 and above not supported)
- Futaba® S.BUS compatible input and output
- PPM sum signal
- RSSI (PWM or voltage) input
- 3.3 and 6.6V ADC inputs
- External microUSB port
- Ideal diode controller with automatic failover
- Servo rail high-power (7 V) and high-current ready
- All peripheral outputs over-current protected, all inputs ESD protected
Weight and Dimensions:
- Weight: 38g (1.31oz)
- Width: 50mm (1.96")
- Thickness: 15.5mm (.613")
- Length: 81.5mm (3.21")
- Bare Bones (opens new window) - Just the board (useful as a 3DR Pixhawk replacement)
- mRo Pixhawk 2.4.6 Essential Kit! (opens new window) - Everything except for telemetry radios
- mRo Pixhawk 2.4.6 Cool Kit! (Limited edition) (opens new window) - Everything you need including telemetry radios
# Building Firmware
Most users will not need to build this firmware! It is pre-built and automatically installed by QGroundControl when appropriate hardware is connected.
To build PX4 for this target:
# Debug Ports
# Serial Port Mapping
|USART2||/dev/ttyS1||TELEM1 (flow control)|
|USART3||/dev/ttyS2||TELEM2 (flow control)|
The board is based on the Pixhawk-project (opens new window) FMUv3 open hardware design.
- FMUv3 schematic (opens new window) -- Schematic and layout
As a CC-BY-SA 3.0 licensed Open Hardware design, all schematics and design files are available (opens new window).