This section contains configuration topics that are relevant when bringing up a new airframe (or significantly modifying a supported frame), and/or for OEM manufacturers. It covers vehicle-specific tuning, factory/OEM calibration, and more advanced/less-common configuration.
Note that the peripheral hardware documentation contains configuration that is specific to particular sensors and actuators.
If working with an existing kit or ready-to-fly airframe you should only need the Basic Configuration. :::
- Finding/Updating Parameters
- Multicopter Config/Tuning - PID, control latency, trajectories, racer setup
- Fixed Wing Config/Tuning - PID, trimming
- VTOL Config/Tuning - Back transition, weather vane, VTOL without airspeed sensor etc.
- ESC Calibration
- ECL/EKF Overview & Tuning
- Flight Termination Configuration
- Bootloader Update
- Land Detector Configuration
- IMU Factory Calibration
- Sensor Thermal Compensation
- Compass Power Compensation
- Advanced Controller Orientation
- Static Pressure Buildup
- Prearm/Arm/Disarm Configuration
- Serial Port Configuration
- MAVLink Telemetry (OSD/GCS)
- PX4 Ethernet Setup
- Full Parameter Reference