# Vehicle Types & Setup
PX4 supports numerous types of vehicles, including different configurations of multicopters, planes, VTOL vehicles, ground vehicles, and so on.
This section explains how to assemble, configure, and tune PX4-based autopilot systems for each type (much of this setup is common to all types).
Vehicle Selection provides high level information about the types of vehicles and the use cases for which they are best suited. :::
# Supported Vehicles
The frame types that have a maintainer and are well tested and supported are:
- Multicopters (tri-, quad-, hexa-, octa-, and even omnicopter vehicles)
- Planes (Fixed Wing)
- VTOL: Standard VTOL, Tailsitter VTOL, Tiltrotor VTOL
# Experimental Vehicles
The following vehicle types are considered experimental:
Experimental frames are those vehicle types that:
- Do not have a maintainer.
- Are not regularly tested by the core development team.
- May lack features required for production-ready vehicles.
- May not support some common vehicle configurations for the vehicle type.
Maintainer volunteers, contribution of new features, new frame configurations, or other improvements would all be very welcome! :::
# Other Vehicles
The complete set of supported vehicle types and their configurations can be found in the Airframes Reference.